Answered By: ESC Sara Last Updated: Oct 31, 2023 Views: 67
When you're opening an article or ebook in a database, a few common things come up that make it seem like your article isn't opening:
- It's loading a blank white or gray page. Give it 30 seconds or even a few minutes. Some of these files are big, and if you're on WiFi or a mobile connection, or the database is getting a lot of traffic, it can take a long time.
- Nothing appears to be happening when you click it. Minimize all your windows one by one. Sometimes your browser brings up the PDF in a new window and puts that window behind the other ones.
- It's not loading at all, because you have installed a pop-up blocker. You may need to disable it. For the most current instructions on how to do that, Google how to disable pop up blocker Chrome (or Firefox, or Safari, or Internet Explorer) or visit the IT Service Desk for help.
- When all else fails, clear your Web browser's history (or cache). Sometimes our browsers make errors, and keep repeating them until we clear them. For current instructions on how to do that, Google how to clear browser history or cache Chrome (or Firefox, or Safari, or Internet Explorer) or visit the IT Service Desk for help.
Or call us 800-847-3000, ext. 2222
- Sun-Thu: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
July - August:
- Mon-Thu: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Please note: Ask a Librarian is closed during the Spring, Summer and Winter breaks. Academic librarians from the Ask Us 24/7 consortium are available to help any time via chat when Ask a Librarian is closed.